WooCommerce is known for its exhaustive list of features and functionalities offered by the same. This is one of the reasons why WooCommerce has garnered huge attention and bags the title of the best free woocommerce shipping plugins for the creation of an e-commerce store. As a WordPress-backed plugin, WooCommerce not only extends the flexibility in terms of customization but also leverages the vast repository of themes and plugins supported by WordPress.
Irrespective of whether you are looking to optimize your website’s appearance or add more payment options, WooCommerce has a plugin for all. Similar is the case with respect to the shipping feature offered by the store. While WooCommerce does allow you to ship products internationally, it lacks significant shipping methods. This is where we introduce the top WooCommerce Shipping Plugins, the ones that will help you enhance your store functionality, expanding your business.
Without further ado, let’s see what the different WooCommerce Shipping Plugins that you can consider while optimizing your WooCommerce store.
The Best Free WooCommerce Shipping Plugin
Flat Rate Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce
Full-featured and Highly Flexible Shipping plugin for creating different shipping methods with different shipping rules and maximize earnings from the shipping methods on offer.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, and economical shipping method, you ought to invest in an advanced flat rate shipping method plugin by DotStore.
Designed specifically to help store managers improve their conversion rate, the PRO version of this plugin has had a tremendous impact on the overall store performance. It offers seamless integration ability and accounts for incredible speed. No matter whether your store has 500 products or 50000, the plugin loads within seconds, ensuring that there’s no delay and that your customers are served without fail.
Please note that the free version of the Advanced flat rate plugin can be used for adding multiple shipping-related flexibilities and features for small stores. However, if you want to use all its capabilities, you will need an advanced version.
- Set shipping methods/rules based on the product. Let’s say you wish to set free delivery for all products with a particular tag. The plugin allows you to select the specific tags and set rules that apply to them.
- Set shipping/methods based on user role. Have a subscription service and wish to keep your premium users happy with flat rate shipping, use the plugin to set a method for the same.
- Set shipping methods based on coupon, quantity, order amount, and/or the total weight of the products in the cart.
- Can be used for multiple sites with a multi-site plugin license.
- Free Version:
Other Top WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
Condition-based shipping is one feature that your store must-have. The WooCommerce advanced free shipping plugin is one that allows you to create custom-fit shipping rates for your online store. Irrespective of whether you want to set a flat rate for a product or variable rates for different items, the plugin allows you to do all. For instance, if you wish to set shipping methods based on country, you can create multiple rules specifying which rule applies to which all countries.
- Create one or more shipping methods based on your store requirements.
- Easy and simple to use without having the need to code for the same.
- Set up conditional logic to create unlimited shipping methods.
- Base shipping rules on location, product, user, quantity, etc.
Extending the default shipping method to add more features, and improve the store functionality, the table rate shipping method offers tremendous flexibility. With the table rate shipping method, you have the ease to set shipping rates based on several factors. Starting with the location of delivery to the total products, the cart weight, and/or the user role, store managers can customize, and add advanced shipping methods to the store.
- Add one or more shipping rates tables based on the shipping zone.
- Table rate shipping allows you to set shipping per order, per item, per class, or per line.
- Add a shipping fee based on a fixed amount or a percentage of the total cart value.
Regarded as one of the best shipping methods for your WooCommerce store, the Flexible Shipping for WooCommerce allows you to create shipping rates depending upon the order total, per product value, total products, or product classes. The plugin is such that it overrides the existing shipping rate, superimposing the one newly created. It also allows WooCommerce store managers to adjust the method for calculation of the shipping fee. Conditional rules help decide whether a rule must apply or not.
- Create rules based on cart weight. Meaning that you can set a threshold value for the cart weight. If it exceeds the limit, a certain amount is applied as the shipping fee.
- Integrate table based shipping. Meaning that the fee is calculated based on the prices of the items added to the cart.
- Extended support for shipping class, allows you to ship multiple products with ease.
Power-packed with features that you need to level up your store’s performance, the WooCommerce table rate shipping by JEM is an ultimate WooCommerce shipping plugin. Leveraging the plugin, you can simplify the process of the rate calculation for shipping. It gives you the flexibility to set different shipping methods with various names and rules for your store. For example, if you want to ship per item or per class, you can download and configure the plugin to meet the needs.
- Set up max/min methods to select the highest or the lowest of all shipping amounts.
- Change the label of the shipping methods for your customers to see.
- Configure and add as many shipping methods as you like.
- Add an optional rule to integrate handling fees for the product.
Being from a non-IT background, configuring plugins could be a hassle. Such is not the case with the WooCommerce Shipping Plus plugin. As a no-code shipping method, it allows store managers to create unlimited shipping methods. Starting with country-based shipping methods to the product-based fee, cart-driven rules, and user-specific rules, the plugin allows you to do all.
- Create more than shipping methods and have all imposed at the same time.
- Customize the plugin giving your customers the ease to select a shipping method for them.
- Enable/disable feature to have shipping methods for a short duration.
- Start date and end date to automate the process of applicability of shipping method.
A simple and easy-to-use plugin, WooCommerce Cart Based Shipping is all you need to add cart-based rules. As evident, the plugin allows you to create and induce rules that are based on the cart. It could be anything from products added in the cart to the total quantity, the weight of products in the cart, or the shipping class of the products in the cart. What makes the plugin one of the most popular is its ease of usage and minimal complexity.
- Create one or more instances of the shipping methods for different shipping zones.
- Ability to customize the shipping label output.
- Set up shipping fee for cart value inclusive/exclusive of taxes.
- Set a flat rate that will charge no matter what.
Shipping hefty products to your buyers? A flat rate shipping method will only add to your losses. As known, the heavier the products, the greater is the money spent to ship them without causing any damage. Hence, the need to modify the shipping rates, depending upon the weight of the cart. There are multiple ways to do the above. You can either set rules for different weights or set a flat rate for standard weight and increase it as and how the weight of the product increases.
- Table rate shipping allowing you to set rules for different countries, customers, and cart products.
- Fixed or progressive pricing for the products.
- Weight step to increase the shipping fee after every x weight.
- Empower your customers with conditional free shipping.
Multiple carriers, as the name says, is one such shipping method that combines the power and potential of real-time shipping. It leverages table rate shipping fetching real-time rates from top shipping companies such as FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc. What this means is that you can have rates of all of these shipping companies within a single plugin. In addition to the above, you can have both free shipping for certain conditions or flat rate shipping for others.
- Set up customized shipping rates for the store.
- Segment rules depending on the product categories.
- Configure shipping rates depending upon the price of products added to the cart.
- Get real-time shipping rates from top shipping companies.
Another top shipping method is the WooCommerce APG Weight Shipping method. The plugin has been designed keeping in mind an array of factors. Where a flat rate shipping fee seems feasible, it isn’t the best way to run an online store. Products shipped aren’t always the same and even if they belong to the same category, they differ in quantity, delivery location, and type. With the APG plugin, store managers have the ease to calculate shipping costs depending on the weight of the order, the state/country, or the postal code of the shipping address of the customer.
- Shipping rates are based on the weight of the products in the cart.
- Set different shipping methods for people in different regions.
- Have separate fees for separate shipping zones.
An authentic shipping plugin that adds flexibility to your WooCommerce store. With Table rate shipping for WooCommerce, you can have more than one pricing model and shipping method, varying in terms of their rules. The plugin empowers its buyers with the ease to opt for flexible pricing. In addition to the above, there are ways in which buyers can select the type of delivery. Based on the above, the shipping method applied and the fee calculated varies. For example, if a customer opts for express delivery (one-day), he/she must pay more than what it costs during standard delivery.
- More than 15 rules applied to calculate the shipping fee
- Flexible pricing model to ease the process of setting the Shipping fee.
- Create one or more methods using the plugin.
Offering seamless integration with Canada Post as well as the WooCommerce store, this plugin provides live shipping rates. These rates are fetched directly to the cart or the checkout page. In addition to the above, you can get package information directly from Canada’s Post Parcel Tracking Service. The plugin is available in multiple languages and is compatible with WMPL.
- Create Canada’s Post shipment label with the plugin.
- Get live information from the tracking service of Canada’s Post.
- Define and set flat rates for lettermail using the plugin.
- Advanced packing facilities with 3D elements.
- Live rates added to the cart.
As the name suggests, the Easy WooCommerce Per Product Shipping plugin to create and configure shipping methods based on the product. An important thing to note is that the plugin doesn’t limit the scope of your store. Meaning that you can always go ahead and set up different shipping methods based on the shipping zone, the country, the provinces, etc. Further, the plugin allows you to set and configure shipping rates when the same product is added to the cart more than once. Depending on your preferences, you can either set the price to be fixed or variable.
- Add shipping methods based on the product added to the cart.
- Configure shipping rules for different cities.
- Set shipping method based on the shipping zone.
To define shipping cost either per product or variations of the same product, download and configure the per product shipping method. As one of the best product-based shipping methods, this plugin offers tremendous flexibility. It takes into account the location of delivery and can superimpose itself on existing shipping methods.
- Set and configure line and per-item costs per product
- Set and configure line and per-item costs per product variation
- Prices vary depending on the customer’s location.
- Can be used either as a single method or in collaboration with other methods.
For website administrators looking for a simple and easy way to build shipping methods, Powerful shipping methods for WooCommerce is the best bet. You need not be a nifty programmer or one with tech knowledge to configure the plugin. It has an array of methods and variables that can be used to set stores specific shipping methods.
- 14+ variables to create shipping methods.
- Flexibility to add custom messages as and when a shipping method is not available.
- Modify labels on the checkout page by configuring the plugin.
- Choose between point-to-point or road distance for calculating shipping rates.
These were the top WooCommerce Shipping Plugins for you to consider while aligning your store offerings with customer’s expectations. Remember that all of these are different in their way and what suits you depends on your requirements.